I suggest you ...

Create a UVa Huge Idea website

There are everyday concerns, there are bigger suggestions, then there are huge ideas that may not even be physically feasible. One such example would be a privately funded moon base that would promote the development of science. This plan does not seem like it can be done today, or even in the next year. But should we limit ourselves to what we can or cannot do right now?

Let's create a centralized website where we can discuss future plans and work together to design and produce huge ideas that will surely enhance the UVa community.

355 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eric McDanielAdminEric McDaniel (Admin, What's Your Big Idea?) responded  · 

Thanks for voting everybody! This is something that Studco is really interested in looking into. If SpeakUpUVa and BigIdea aren’t enough to address student concerns, HUGE idea is the obvious solution. A big thanks to Daniel for posting this in the comments: http://uvahugeidea.weebly.com/

Here’s a picture of a puppy wrapped in a blanket: http://i.imgur.com/bC0Ns.jpg

Now to clear up some confusion about why UVa Big Idea (temporarily) exists:

We get the point. UVa Big Idea duplicates what Student Council already does through SpeakUpUVa. The sites are near-identical in looks, form, and function. That is intentional, and totally by design, and here’s why -

Over the summer, our committees are beginning to plan their initiatives for the coming year, and we needed a big push for major problems at the University we could tackle. Last year, we completed well over 200 initiatives, but most of them were small-scale. We really wanted to use our place as student government to do something larger scale, to make a more significant impact at the University in addition to all of the little things we already do.

Now that UVa Big Idea already has a wealth of ideas submitted, we will be closing it this Friday at the exams, and selecting which ideas we want to undertake in the coming year. It’s not something that is permanent, it was just an easy way to collect the larger-scale ideas all in one place.

That being said, before we close the site, please do go take a look and vote for anything you want to see us work on. We really do want your input.

Here’s a picture of a puppy wrapped in a blanket, again: http://i.imgur.com/bC0Ns.jpg

Please feel free to contact me with anything that’s on your mind, and best of luck on exams.

Eric.
    Director of University Relations, U.Va. Student Council

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service